The Foster Farm understands and agrees to the following:
- We are here to promote a healthy relationship between you and your pet.
- We encourage you to call us with any questions and concerns and ask that you respond to our follow up requests by phone or email.
- We recognize some pet matches may not be successful through no fault of the person or the pet. We will welcome you and your returned pet back.
- The Foster Farm strives to provide you with a healthy pet. However, the stress of changing environments can lower an animal’s immunity to fight disease and the pet could harbor an infection without displaying symptoms. We cannot guarantee the health of any animal.
I/we, the undersigned, understand and agree to the following:
- I am 18 years of age or older.
- I understand that I am adopting this animal with the following diagnosed condition or fault, and I realize that this animal may need further training or treatment:
- I will take the animal to a veterinarian within 30 days of adoption for a general physical examination and any necessary vaccinations, deworming, medications or medical treatment, at my own expense.
- I will not breed said animal and will have the animal spayed/neutered:
- Within 60 days of adoption, OR
- By 10 months of age.
- I may return the animal for a refund within 30 days for a previously undiagnosed health reason verified by a licensed veterinarian. The Foster Farm does not reimburse for medical bills.
- I affirm that no member of my household has been convicted of an animal welfare law violation such as neglect, cruelty, abandonment etc.
- I will not have the pet attack-trained. I will not have the pet’s ears cropped, nor will I have its tail docked; I will declaw a kitten or cat for any reason. I will never allow any physical, mental, or emotional abuse of the pet.
- I am adopting the pet for myself and I agree to not give away, sell, or trade my pet, even as a gift to a friend or family member. I will neither take the pet to a shelter nor abandon the pet. I understand that I must notify The Foster Farm, without delay, if I can no longer care for or keep my pet during its lifetime and agree to give The Foster Farm reasonable time to rehome my pet or place my pet in an approved foster home, if available. I must notify The Foster Farm of any behavioral problems that have occurred at any time before I return my pet, and I agree to pay for a professional trainer’s evaluation in case of biting or aggression.
- I will not use physical punishment for the above pet, including choke or prong collars.
- I will provide a humane environment, regular exercise and companionship for my pet. I will provide nutritious food and clean water at all times.
- The pet will live inside my home and will not be isolated from the family. I will walk my pet on a leash or exercise my pet in a fenced yard. I will never let my pet run loose or roam, keep my pet chained or tied up, keep it continuously in a yard, garage, patio, balcony, or pen, or leave my pet outdoors, even in a fenced yard, when no one is at home.
- I will have the pet inoculated against rabies and abide by animal control laws.
- I understand and agree that The Foster Farm makes no express or implied warranty, representation or promise to the age, health, breed, habits, disposition or safety of the animal. I hereby accept the animal as is, assume all risks and responsibilities associated with the ownership of the animal, including bites, and I hereby fully and completely release, indemnify and hold harmless The Foster Farm, its directors, officers, volunteers, and employees from any claim, cause of action or liability of any sort or nature, whether known or unknown, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with the adoption, care or ownership, maintenance, temperament or condition of the animal.
- Failure to comply with any of the above requirements or any misrepresentation of fact made on the adoption application or in this contract will result in the immediate return of the pet to The Foster Farm.
I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of the foregoing adoption contract and that I will comply with the same.